accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Jenkins for 1.5
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 20:56:56 GMT
All-

What do we want to do to about continuous integration for 1.5 and trunk,
now that 1.5 has branched? There's a potential for a lot of noise from
duplicates due to merging bugfixes from 1.5 to trunk.

Some options, each with their own pros and cons are:

Build both, but batch merges.
Check for svn updates less often.
Build both, merge when a bugfix is complete, but batch builds for trunk
(like max: nightly).
Build only 1.5, until 1.5 is released.
Build both, but only have Jenkins report back to JIRA for one of them.

There's also the decision of whether to have a separate build for Hadoop 2,
for trunk and 1.5 also, so 4 builds total...

Any opinions? Personally, I'm fine with Jenkins being spammy.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii