accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: MiniAccumulo or InstanceOperations or me?
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 18:47:41 GMT
On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 1:30 PM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:
> I don't think your property is coming back because you're using
> getSiteConfiguration(). I believe that just spits back the configuration
> from the xml files. getSystemConfiguration() will return data as it is in

I totally missed that.  You do need to call getSystemConfiguration().
 I just went and looked at the code to be sure.  Looking at the code,
I think you can still run into the issue I mentioned where you read
from a tablet server before the zookeeper event gets there.
getSystemConfiguration() also goes to random tablet server to read the
config.  And following that through, it reads the config from a
ZooCache on the tablet server.

We really need javadoc for InstanceOperations.getSystemConfiguration()
and InstanceOperations.getSiteConfiguration().