accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Fuchs <afu...@apache.org>
Subject Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2013 01:10:27 GMT
Folks,

Now that we're past feature freeze for 1.5, I'd like to set up a discussion
of the features that Accumulo developers are interested in for 1.6 and
beyond. The purpose of this discussion will be to raise awareness of
projects that you think are cool and important, and to rally the community.
As a proposed format, let's plan on a series of 2-5 minute presentations of
individual features -- what it is, why it's important, how should we build
it, and who needs to help. We'll record the presentations for posterity.

Since the community is now distributed throughout several states, let's try
our hand at an online discussion. Depending on participation, we'll pick a
forum that can accomodate everyone. If you're interested in attending,
please fill out this doodle with what time you would be available:
http://www.doodle.com/w9zb77ya3ykxr4zv

If you can, please try to fill out the survey by Tuesday afternoon. After
we get a good feel for times and participation, I'll schedule an online
forum and send out a meeting invitation. If you would like to present a
feature, send me an email directly at afuchs@apache.org, and I'll make sure
you get time to present it.

I look forward to seeing what everyone has up their sleeves!

Cheers,
Adam