accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject Given a tablet id, is there a function to split?
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:42:41 GMT
I am seeing some tablets with say 2 million records and some tablets
with 10 million records. I'd like to split the larger tablets so my
mappers all take approximately the same time to run. I'm Ok with
simply cutting the tablet in half. At least for now. I know how to
identify the tablets that I want to split. Is there an existing method
that I can call. I am leery of simply grabbing some code from the
middle of Accumulo and experimenting because I'll probably miss some
nuance causing the system to crash unexpectedly at some future time.