accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From William Slacum <wilhelm.von.cl...@accumulo.net>
Subject Re: Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 00:32:35 GMT
Currently it's not recommended to launch a batch scanner from an iterator
and retrieve new information, due to the possibility of a dead lock. Other
services may alleviate that concern, but due to lifecycle management issues
(related to the "add a clean up method to iterators"), it's not fool proof
to clean up connections from it.