accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject "old" mapreduce API
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 01:21:00 GMT
All (esp. Billie)-

I just committed some changes to support the old mapreduce API for
ACCUMULO-695 (r1437818). If anybody really really loves MapReduce and wants
to review this code, please do. I would appreciate it. There may be room
for consolidation, and we definitely need some tests to go with these new
classes (will be coming), but these frameworks are different enough to make
it very difficult to consolidate code.

I'm especially interested in knowing if I did the FileOutputFormat output
path correctly... there are ambiguous methods for getting the temporary
output directory for FileOutputFormat in the mapred package, and I'm not
familiar enough with the old mapreduce framework to know which is the
"correct" one.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii