accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Eclipse Code Template
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 22:46:15 GMT
I noticed that the Eclipse Code Template we use, creates a javadoc comment
on new files in Eclipse, to hold the license.

Is there any reason this should be a javadoc comment, instead of a regular,
multi-line comment? Being a javadoc comment seems wrong, and some of the
source uses regular multi-line comments instead.

Also, 'Overriding methods' have the following comment template, and it's
*very* annoying and pretty useless, I think:

/* (non-Javadoc)
 * ${see_to_overridden}
 */

Can we get rid of this? I think most people know that Overriding methods
inherit the javadoc of their super class by default, and we don't really
need to add a comment here.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii