accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: Contributing Organizations
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 16:42:38 GMT
On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Billie Rinaldi <billie@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Keith Turner <keith@deenlo.com> wrote:
>
>> I can split them out.  I will add a timezone column too.
>>

> Let's revisit this timezone thing.  1) Is anyone not in EST?  2) If we
I like blank meaning unspecified rather than defaulting everyone to
something unless specified.

> write -5, it will be wrong during daylight savings time.  I doubt anyone
> will remember to switch them all twice a year.  So, if we must put them,
> I'd be in favor of using the "ET" abbreviation.  Or we could just note at
> the top that everyone is -5 / -4 / ET unless otherwise specified.

Let people put whatever they like in that field.  If I set a bad
precedent, forgive me :)  If you set a better precedent with what you
put there, I suspect people might follow.   If you update yourself w/
something more reasonable for east coast + daylight savings time, then
update me too.