accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: Debugging MiniAccumuloTest
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 21:04:46 GMT
On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 3:55 PM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm not going to do a merge mid-revision. The entire test subproject only
> has a few differences from current trunk which I made for the ticket. All
> I'm asking for are suggestions on how to debug MiniTestCluster because I
> can't figure out how to debug it spinning off a new process.

take a look in /tmp/junitXXXXXX/logs and see if there is an out or err
file for Initialize.   Seems like only one of the log writers died...
so maybe something was written to stderr and stdout was not created.

If that does not work, you can just modify the code to print out what
comes from process.getErrorStream() and process.getInputStream()
directly.  Currently threads are created to write these to tmp dir.