accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AccumuloToken
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 19:17:27 GMT
Inline

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:

> I forgot, but agree that we should try to keep
> thrift out of the client api. I'm refactoring it now to keep cruft of the
> client end.

Thanks.

> I can rename it to SecurityToken as part of the refactoring.

Great.

> We need to keep the AuthInfo floating around for API compatibility. As much
> as I would love to kill them with fire, this kills api compatibility
> between versions.

Feel free to sprinkle warning suppression annotations

> The security class is not specified by the remote caller, it's instantiated
> from the configuration xml files. All the client does is provide a token
> and it's up to the implementation to accept/reject it. I simply provided a
> mechanism for the client to get a hint as to what type of token is
> expected.

I beg to differ.  Please see TokenHelper.fromBytes appears to be using
deserialized information directly to load a class.

> However, with the last
> minute of the proxy, I'm afraid I do not have the time or knowledge of the
> proxy to get that support in for 1.5.

Keith had an idea.  I'll add a authenticate method that will return a
token.  The proxy methods will all take tokens.

-Eric