accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From dlmar...@comcast.net
Subject Re: Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 17:52:43 GMT
Warning about Closable with Java 7 try-with-resources....

----- Original Message -----
From: "William Slacum" <wilhelm.von.cloud@accumulo.net>
To: dev@accumulo.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 12:40:00 PM
Subject: Re: Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit

I gave this a bit of thought too, and I think the easiest thing is to break
the interface and wrap all instances of non-closable iterators in a
closable one. That way we can delegate close down to the sources like
deepCopy does. I think Josh created a ticket for this; if not I will so we
don't derail this.

Also, in regards to the doodle thing, are we trying to set up like a cam
show or something? Personally I don't see the issue with us just listing
stuff here and having a discussion about it.