accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From "Cardon, Tejay E" <tejay.e.car...@lmco.com>
Subject creating custom rpms
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 19:39:40 GMT
I'm trying to keep my installs under management with yum, which means I'd love to use the .rpm
for Accumulo.  However, we don't use vanilla Hadoop, we are currently using Cloduera CDH,
and may end up on Hortonworks or MapR in the future.  The RPM right now has hadoop as a dependency.
 Is there anyway to use the accumulo source, make a quick edit to the requirements to allow
another packaging of hadoop, and then rebuild the rpm?  I looked through the source, but I
couldn't find a .spec file to modify.

Thanks,
Tejay