accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Drew Farris <d...@apache.org>
Subject Re: new committer!
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 02:29:45 GMT
Thanks Billie,

I've been doing software development and research related to full text
search, retrieval and analytics with some machine learning on the side for
awhile, so I feel that I'll likely end up working on the aspects of
Accumulo that support those domains. Having been a long time
Lucene/Solr/Nutch user and a Mahout committer, I'm interested in ways those
projects and Accumulo compliment each other. I especially think the work
that Jason presented at Strata was really interesting.

I'm primarilly interested in helping out with patches/bugfixes and have
done a fair amount of work with maven, and java development in general. I'm
looking forward to helping out!

Drew