accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: coding in Accumulo
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2012 16:34:18 GMT
Simon,

If you already have Accumulo up and running (otherwise writing a trivial
example to read/write some data should be your first step), I'd
recommend seeing if one of the tickets tagged as "newbie" on Jira
strikes your fancy. Most of the tickets should be approachable by
someone not familiar with the internals of Accumulo. [1]

Looking at your CV, it would be really cool to take some of your machine
learning interests and apply them using Accumulo as a backing store. I
know there is at least one other dev who is interested/well-versed in
machine learning subjects.

- Josh

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+ACCUMULO+AND+labels+%3D+newbie+AND+status+%3D+Open