accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Billie Rinaldi <bil...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TooManyFilesException.java - cannot find org.slf4j
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2012 23:10:48 GMT
On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Kristopher Kane <kkane.list@gmail.com>wrote:

> Please bear with me as I'm cutting teeth on a lot of things to work on
> ACCUMULO-720... like learning Java.  :-)
>
> I did an SVN check out of trunk and compiled/ran it. Then I imported
> the checkout into Eclipse and noticed that TooManyFilesException.java
> is complaining about not being able to find org.slf4j.

Did you do Import -> Existing Maven Projects?  If the project appears to
have imported correctly as a Maven project (it creates a dozen-ish separate
Maven projects in your workspace), and it builds fine at the command line,
sometimes you just have to refresh and/or clean (Project -> Clean) the
workspace to make Eclipse happy.  Another sometimes-useful thing is right
click -> Maven -> Update Project Configuration (now Update Project in
Juno), though that should only be needed if a pom has changed.

Also, if you take a look at a Maven project in Eclipse, it will have a
section called Maven Dependencies that you can open and see what jars are
actually being pulled in.

Billie