accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting Charset in getBytes() call.
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 00:46:39 GMT
+1 Mike.

1. It would be hard for me to believe Key/Value are ever handled
internally in terms of Strings, but, if such a case does exist, it would
be extremely prudent to fix.

2. FWIW, the Shell does use ISO-8859-1 as its charset which is
referenced by other commands [1,2]. It would be good to double check all
of the other commands.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/blob/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/core/util/shell/Shell.java
[2]