accumulo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Christopher Tubbs (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (ACCUMULO-721) Reloading of lib/ext classloader causes LinkageError
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 01:30:09 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-721?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13450255#comment-13450255
] 

Christopher Tubbs commented on ACCUMULO-721:
--------------------------------------------

1.5.0 isn't a released version. It can't have things wrong with it because it doesn't technically
exist (yet). If the version(s) affected are only current working branches, an "affected version"
tag isn't necessary, and might be confusing. If older, released versions are affected by this
bug, that would be useful to tag for documentation/search, even if we don't fix it until 1.5.0.

At least, that's what I seem to understand is a reasonable thing to do from talking to Billie
and Keith. Maybe I'm wrong?
                
> Reloading of lib/ext classloader causes LinkageError
> ----------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: ACCUMULO-721
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-721
>             Project: Accumulo
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: tserver
>            Reporter: Josh Elser
>            Assignee: Keith Turner
>             Fix For: 1.5.0
>
>         Attachments: ACCUMULO-721-classpath, ACCUMULO-721-tserver.debug.log
>
>
> I was writing an iterator that takes advantage of some classes in Google's guava-libraries.
I placed my jar and the guava-13.0-rc2.jar into lib/ext.
> I then ran a simple Java class which opened a Scanner to a table with my customer Iterator
in Eclipse. The first attempt succeeded. I then changed my iterator, recompiled the jar, and
placed it in lib/ext. The AccumuloClassLoader message said it picked up the changes. Then,
trying to run my class in the same manner, I got a java.lang.LinkageError relating to the
classloader having two different Class objects for a class defined in the guava jar (which
hadn't changed).
> Moving the guava jar from lib/ext to lib/ and retrying this experiment did not net the
same LinkageError.
> I'll attach full stack traces and the output of `accumulo classpath`

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Mime
View raw message