accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storing Public Key As Column Qualifier
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 01:43:01 GMT
My thinking on this topic was a little muddled. I went back to an old
encrypted email project of mine.

# generate private and public keys for andy
openssl genrsa -out andy.pem 2048
openssl rsa -in andy.pem -pubout > andy.pub

#encrypt and decrypt
openssl rsautl -encrypt -pubin -inkey andy.pub < my-message.txt >
my-encrypted-message.txt
openssl rsautl -decrypt -inkey andy.pem < my-encrypted-message.txt <
my-decrypted-message.txt

After encryption, the public key is no longer needed.