accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: Vote For A) README_UBUNTU B) "Compiling on Ubuntu" In README
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 15:02:59 GMT
Dave,

Would you be opposed to moving the ubunutu document to the docs dir?
Once its there we can add a link to it in svn from the Accumulo
developer web page.

Also I think the "snv co" instructions should reference a released
verion of Thrift, not the branch.  This can accomplished by
referencing a tag or a download of a release source tar ball.

So could do the following

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/thrift/tags/thrift-0.8.0/

What do you think?

Also, can you include in the instructions what version of Ubuntu the
instructions were tested against?  e.g.  12.04 x86_64

Do you know if the native Accumulo libraries build successfully when
you follow these instructions? The makefile tries to build 32 bit and
64 bit shared libraries, sometimes this fails on a 64 bit redhat
system unless 32 bit libraries are installed.

Thanks,

Keith