accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sterling Foster <sterling.fos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new committers!
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 01:32:38 GMT
Well done!

Here is information on the Accumulo training exercises Rigo has been working on. He has included
an example with Mahout which you may find interesting.

Sterling

> Below is a link to a zip file containing the most recent version of the exercise code:
>
> https://secure-web.cisco.com/auth=11cvAevFKKV8hJhd2KuLXeWQlgHKVV&url=https%3A%2F%2Fdl.dropbox.com%2Fu%2F1689499%2FAccumuloTraining.zip
>
> The training VM is also available:
>
> https://secure-web.cisco.com/auth=118Kmw2_NuJAoRtYvF2JChwi75QyJO&url=https%3A%2F%2Fdl.dropbox.com%2Fu%2F1689499%2Faccumulo_training_23_JUL_2012.zip
>
> Keep in mind that this VM is 4.8GB zipped and is ~16GB extracted -- I'm working on building
a smaller image.

> I'm not sure if the NTSB data itself is needed for pre-pub, but if so, the link for this
data is here:

> https://secure-web.cisco.com/auth=11JC92jL-x7hhs3Fzb-VzotELY0M5d&url=https%3A%2F%2Fdl.dropbox.com%2Fu%2F1689499%2FNTSB-REPORTS.zip
>
> The link to the geo data (population of world cities with lat and lon) is also available
here:

> https://secure-web.cisco.com/auth=110UPbnDfRv7mUN1U014NC745S9kPN&url=https%3A%2F%2Fdl.dropbox.com%2Fu%2F1689499%2Fworldcitiespop.txt.gz

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 6, 2012, at 10:02 PM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, all.
>
> It's a pleasure and an honor to be held to the same level as you all.
>
> I'm (currently) rather interested in the prospects of building a document store on top
of Accumulo, leveraging code/principles/ideas from Lucene and Solr. I'm also intrigued by
machine learning algorithms built over Accumulo. Overall, channeling what Bill said, I'd like
to do my part in making Accumulo a well-oiled machine.

> On 08/06/2012 12:08 PM, Billie J Rinaldi wrote:
>> I am pleased to announce that Josh Elser and Bill Slacum have been voted to become
new committers for Apache Accumulo.