accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject accumulo-site.xml not found on classpath OR Should Accumulo be looking at the ZooKeeperInstance constructor for the Zookeeper connection information?
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 02:09:11 GMT
I have an accumulo single-node system running at Linode. I can see the
Accumulo monitor at http://accumulo.affy.com:50095. It all looks good.
But I want to develop Accumulo applications on my Windows laptop. I
blissfully whipped out some Java code:

  String instanceName = "development";
  String zooKeepers = "zookeeper.affy.com";
  String user = "root";
  byte[] pass = "NOT_THAT_STUPID".getBytes();

  ZooKeeperInstance instance = new ZooKeeperInstance(instanceName, zooKeepers);
  instance.getConnector(user, pass);

When I run this program, I see:

  12/07/11 22:00:14 WARN conf.SiteConfiguration: accumulo-site.xml not
found on classpath
  ..
  12/07/11 22:03:31 INFO zookeeper...., connectString=localhost:2181
.. watcher=org.apache.accumulo.core.zookeeper.ZooSession$AccumuloWatcher@91e321

Should Accumulo be looking at the ZooKeeperInstance constructor for
the Zookeeper connection information? I'd rather not need the
accumulo-site.xml file on my Windows laptop. That seems rather bad
practice to require a copy on every developer's workstation.
Especially because it contains passwords.