accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject Connecting To Shell With Incorrect Password
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2012 00:20:39 GMT
I ran this command:

  accumulo shell -u root -p bad_password

And was connected to the shell. I did not expect this to work. I could
run the "tables" command. I could even choose a table to work with.
However the scan and insert failed as shown below.

root@development> table david
root@development david> scan
14 00:18:11,063 [shell.Shell] ERROR:
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.AccumuloSecurityException: Error
BAD_CREDENTIALS - Username or Password is Invalid
root@development david> insert row1 cf1 cq1 value
14 00:18:25,952 [impl.ThriftScanner] WARN : Security Violation in scan
request to 66.175.213.65:9997: ThriftSecurityException(user:root,
code:BAD_CREDENTIALS)
14 00:18:26,046 [shell.Shell] ERROR:
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.MutationsRejectedException: #
constraint violations : 0  # authorization failures : 1  # server
errors 0 # exceptions 0

The config -T command did work which is probably not good.

Am I correct that my initial connection to the shell with an incorrect
password should fail? If so, it's JIRA time!