accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Python client lib for Accumulo?
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 09:27:21 GMT
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 11:15 PM, Edmon Begoli <ebegoli@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have just joined the list with the purpose of volunteering ideas,
> design and development (and whatever else in lifecycle)
> related to development of the Python client for accumulo.

Welcome to the list. There are a lot of Python developers and I'm sure
that your client would be well received by the community. My own
advice is to write whatever is simplest (fastest to develop) and
iterate towards a more complex complete solution.

Would jython be any use to provide python access to the existing Java
API without any rewrite or plumbing needed?