accumulo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [External] Re: Need help getting Accumulo running.
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 17:41:13 GMT
The call stack indicates that Accumulo cannot talk to the Hadoop Name Node.

Verify hadoop is up and running.  Oh, and don't put any of your
Hadoop/Zookeeper data in /tmp, which is cleaned upon a reboot.

-Eric

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Jim Klucar <klucar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you verify that zookeeper is running?
>
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Park, Jee [USA] <Park_Jee@bah.com> wrote:
>> Thanks everyone for the responses!
>>
>> So, I got hadoop to run and installed accumulo following Miguel's email, the
>> problem now is that when I do
>>
>> $ bin/accumulo init
>>
>> It tries to connect a few times and then times out. Here is what it prints
>> out.
>> Just to let you know I did not change anything in the accumulo-site.xml file
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jee
>>
>> hduser@ubuntu:~/accumulo$ bin/accumulo init
>> 02 10:10:07,567 [ipc.Client] INFO : Retrying connect to server:
>> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 0 time(s).
>> 02 10:10:08,573 [ipc.Client] INFO : Retrying connect to server:
>> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 1 time(s).
>> 02 10:10:09,574 [ipc.Client] INFO : Retrying connect to server:
>> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 2 time(s).
>> 02 10:10:10,576 [ipc.Client] INFO : Retrying connect to server:
>> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 3 time(s).
>> 02 10:10:11,578 [ipc.Client] INFO : Retrying connect to server:
>> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 4 time(s).
>> 02 10:10:12,580 [ipc.Client] INFO : Retrying connect to server:
>> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 5 time(s).
>> 02 10:10:13,581 [ipc.Client] INFO : Retrying connect to server:
>> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 6 time(s).
>> 02 10:10:14,583 [ipc.Client] INFO : Retrying connect to server:
>> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 7 time(s).
>> 02 10:10:15,585 [ipc.Client] INFO : Retrying connect to server:
>> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 8 time(s).
>> 02 10:10:16,587 [ipc.Client] INFO : Retrying connect to server:
>> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310. Already tried 9 time(s).
>> 02 10:10:16,592 [util.Initialize] FATAL: java.net.ConnectException: Call to
>> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310 failed on connection exception:
>> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>> java.net.ConnectException: Call to localhost/127.0.0.1:54310 failed on
>> connection exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.wrapException(Client.java:767)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:743)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Invoker.invoke(RPC.java:220)
>> at $Proxy0.getProtocolVersion(Unknown Source)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC.getProxy(RPC.java:359)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.createRPCNamenode(DFSClient.java:106)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:207)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:170)
>> at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.initialize(DistributedFileSyste
>> m.java:82)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:1378)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$200(FileSystem.java:66)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:1390)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java:196)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java:95)
>> at org.apache.accumulo.core.file.FileUtil.getFileSystem(FileUtil.java:554)
>> at org.apache.accumulo.server.util.Initialize.main(Initialize.java:426)
>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57
>> )
>> at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
>> .java:43)
>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
>> at org.apache.accumulo.start.Main$1.run(Main.java:89)
>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
>> Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>> at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
>> at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:701)
>> at
>> org.apache.hadoop.net.SocketIOWithTimeout.connect(SocketIOWithTimeout.java:2
>> 06)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.connect(NetUtils.java:404)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.setupIOstreams(Client.java:304)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.access$1700(Client.java:176)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.getConnection(Client.java:860)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:720)
>> ... 20 more
>> Thread "init" died null
>> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57
>> )
>> at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
>> .java:43)
>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
>> at org.apache.accumulo.start.Main$1.run(Main.java:89)
>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
>> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.ConnectException: Call to
>> localhost/127.0.0.1:54310 failed on connection exception:
>> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>> at org.apache.accumulo.server.util.Initialize.main(Initialize.java:436)
>> ... 6 more
>> Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Call to localhost/127.0.0.1:54310
>> failed on connection exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection
>> refused
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.wrapException(Client.java:767)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:743)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Invoker.invoke(RPC.java:220)
>> at $Proxy0.getProtocolVersion(Unknown Source)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC.getProxy(RPC.java:359)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.createRPCNamenode(DFSClient.java:106)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:207)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:170)
>> at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.initialize(DistributedFileSyste
>> m.java:82)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:1378)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$200(FileSystem.java:66)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:1390)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java:196)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java:95)
>> at org.apache.accumulo.core.file.FileUtil.getFileSystem(FileUtil.java:554)
>> at org.apache.accumulo.server.util.Initialize.main(Initialize.java:426)
>> ... 6 more
>> Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>> at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
>> at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:701)
>> at
>> org.apache.hadoop.net.SocketIOWithTimeout.connect(SocketIOWithTimeout.java:2
>> 06)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.connect(NetUtils.java:404)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.setupIOstreams(Client.java:304)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.access$1700(Client.java:176)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.getConnection(Client.java:860)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:720)
>> ... 20 more
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Miguel Pereira [mailto:miguelapereira1@gmail.com]
>> Sent: Friday, June 29, 2012 2:59 PM
>> To: dev@accumulo.apache.org
>> Subject: [External] Re: Need help getting Accumulo running.
>>
>> Hi Jee,
>>
>> I used that same guide to install Accumulo, but I used this guide to install
>> hadoop.
>>
>> http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-single-
>> node-cluster/
>>
>> furthermore here are the steps I took to install accumulo were I used
>> version 1.4.0 and standalone conf.
>> please note you also need to install java jdk, and set your JAVA_HOME i used
>> jdk 1.7
>>
>> Setting up Accumulo
>>
>>
>>    - git clone     git://github.com/apache/accumulo.git
>>    - cd accumulo
>>    - git checkout     tags/1.4.0 -b 1.4.0
>>    - mvn package && mvn assembly:single -N.             // this can take
a
>>    while
>>    - cp conf/examples/512MB/standalone/* conf
>>    - vi accumulo-env.sh
>>
>>
>> test -z "$JAVA_HOME" && export JAVA_HOME=/home/hduser/pkg/jdk1.7.0_04
>> test -z "$HADOOP_HOME" && export
>> HADOOP_HOME=/home/hduser/developer/workspace/hadoop
>> test -z "$ZOOKEEPER_HOME" && export
>> ZOOKEEPER_HOME=/home/hduser/developer/workspace/zookeeper-3.3.5
>>
>>    - vi     accumulo-site.xml
>>
>>
>>     modify user, password, secret, memory
>>
>>
>>    - bin/accumulo     init
>>    - bin/start-all.sh
>>    - bin/accumulo     shell -u root
>>
>> if you get the shell up you know your good.
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 2:49 PM, John Vines <john.w.vines@ugov.gov> wrote:
>>
>>> We currently don't really support running on Windows. I'm sure there
>>> are ways to get it running with Cygwin, but our efforts are better
>>> spend in other directions for now.
>>>
>>> As for getting it going in Ubuntu, I haven't seen that guide before.
>>> Can you let me know where it broke?
>>>
>>> For the record, when I was developing ACCUMULO-404, I was working in
>>> Ubuntu VMs and I used Apache-BigTop and our debians to facilitate
>> installation.
>>> They don't do everything for you, but I think if you use 1.4.1 (not
>>> sure if I got the debs into 1..4.0), it should diminish the
>>> installation work you must do to some minor configuration.
>>>
>>> John
>>>
>>> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Park, Jee [USA] <Park_Jee@bah.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> > Hi, ****
>>> >
>>> > ** **
>>> >
>>> > I had trouble getting Accumulo to work on a VM instance of Ubuntu
>>> > (11.04) using this guide: https://gist.github.com/1535657.****
>>> >
>>> > Does anyone have a step-by-step guide to get it running on either
>>> > Ubuntu or Windows 7?****
>>> >
>>> > ** **
>>> >
>>> > Thanks!****
>>> >
>>>

Mime
View raw message