accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From "Park, Jee [USA]" <Park_...@bah.com>
Subject RE: [External] Re: Need help getting Accumulo running.
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 14:32:45 GMT
Hi,

Accumulo doesn't create a directory "target" under accumulo/src/assemble/
And I cant seem to find the accumulo-1.5.0-incudbating-SNAPSHOT-dist.tar.gz
file

Regards

-----Original Message-----
From: David Medinets [mailto:david.medinets@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2012 7:37 PM
To: dev@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: [External] Re: Need help getting Accumulo running.

oh... I think you missed a few steps from the gist:

$ cd ~
$ export TAR_DIR=~/workspace/accumulo/src/assemble/target
$ tar xvzf $TAR_DIR/accumulo-1.5.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT-dist.tar.gz

# Add the following to your .bashrc file.
$ export ACCUMULO_HOME=~/accumulo-1.5.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT

$ cd $ACCUMULO_HOME/conf

These are the steps where you unpack the newly-created gz file into your
home directory. It seems like you are running Accumulo from the source code
directory. Also notice that I wrote those steps for v1.5.0 which might be
different from v1.4.0