accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Miguel Pereira <miguelaperei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help getting Accumulo running.
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 18:58:37 GMT
Hi Jee,

I used that same guide to install Accumulo, but I used this guide to
install hadoop.

http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-single-node-cluster/

furthermore here are the steps I took to install accumulo were I used
version 1.4.0 and standalone conf.
please note you also need to install java jdk, and set your JAVA_HOME i
used jdk 1.7

Setting up Accumulo

   - git clone     git://github.com/apache/accumulo.git
   - cd accumulo
   - git checkout     tags/1.4.0 -b 1.4.0
   - mvn package && mvn assembly:single -N.             // this can take a
   while
   - cp conf/examples/512MB/standalone/* conf
   - vi accumulo-env.sh

test -z "$JAVA_HOME" && export JAVA_HOME=/home/hduser/pkg/jdk1.7.0_04
test -z "$HADOOP_HOME" && export
HADOOP_HOME=/home/hduser/developer/workspace/hadoop
test -z "$ZOOKEEPER_HOME" && export
ZOOKEEPER_HOME=/home/hduser/developer/workspace/zookeeper-3.3.5

   - vi     accumulo-site.xml

    modify user, password, secret, memory

   - bin/accumulo     init
   - bin/start-all.sh
   - bin/accumulo     shell -u root

if you get the shell up you know your good.