accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject System swappiness setting warning - important enough to display when shell starts?
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 23:36:26 GMT
I don't know the impact when this setting is too high. Apparently the
default in Ubuntu is 60. I only noticed the warning because I was
looking at log files randomly. I'm wondering if this check is
important enough to be done when the shell starts and to display the
error to the console at that time.

This was the message:

[server.Accumulo] WARN : System swappiness setting is greater than ten
(60) which can cause time-sensitive operations to be delayed.
Accumulo is time sensitive b
ecause it needs to maintain distributed lock agreement.