accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should session-specific iterators appear on config output?
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 21:05:59 GMT
I'd be happy with a "Run 'info -v' for session-specific
configurations." How is that option?

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Billie J Rinaldi
<billie.j.rinaldi@ugov.gov> wrote:
> On Friday, June 22, 2012 4:35:15 PM, "David Medinets" <david.medinets@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> I created a table with no iterators so all versions of a key were
>> stored. And I entered the same value three times. A scan shows the
>> three records. Then I attached a scan-only session-only
>> VersioningIterator to that table. The next scan showed only one value.
>> Perfect! But when I looked at the table configuration with 'config',
>> no iterators were listed. Does it make sense to display session-only
>> iterators also?
>
> Currently the only way to see a shell's scan iterators is with "info -v".  It seems
like it would make sense to make it easier to find that information, although I'm not sure
if config is the appropriate place.  The scan iterators do not have to be stored in zookeeper,
so properties like those displayed by config are never created for them.  Perhaps we could
display the scan iterator information you get with "info -v" after the normal config properties
when you use "config".  We could consider synthesizing fake properties for the scan iterators,
but I'd be reluctant to do so.