accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: metric gathering
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 22:52:47 GMT
Edit accumulo-metrics.xml, turn the false settings to true, restart,
and then look at the exposed JMX beans with jconsole. You may need to
expose a jmx port with various "-D" options, none of which I remember
how to do.

I don't know much about ganglia.  I've used it a little, but
displaying 100's of graphs on a web page is almost as bad as the the
lack of visualization and historical data in the accumulo monitor.  I
don't know how to configure it.

I didn't find it difficult to modify tcollector, the performance
collector for OpenTSDB, to collect metrics for the Accumulo tservers.

If you do manage it, please post instructions!

-Eric