accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From John Vines <john.w.vi...@ugov.gov>
Subject Re: Need help getting Accumulo running.
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 18:49:44 GMT
We currently don't really support running on Windows. I'm sure there are
ways to get it running with Cygwin, but our efforts are better spend in
other directions for now.

As for getting it going in Ubuntu, I haven't seen that guide before. Can
you let me know where it broke?

For the record, when I was developing ACCUMULO-404, I was working in Ubuntu
VMs and I used Apache-BigTop and our debians to facilitate installation.
They don't do everything for you, but I think if you use 1.4.1 (not sure if
I got the debs into 1..4.0), it should diminish the installation work you
must do to some minor configuration.

John