accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrone, Dennis S." <Dennis.Patr...@jhuapl.edu>
Subject minor bug?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 22:52:31 GMT
Hi all,

Sorry if this isn't the right venue... I poked around on the website for a bit, but it wasn't
obvious to me where non-committers should post/send issues found; this seemed like the most
appropriate place.

I think I may have stumbled across a minor bug in org.apache.accumulo.core.client.mapreduce.AccumuloOutputFormat.
 This is in the trunk HEAD.

The DEFAULT_MAX_LATENCY (line 88) is defined as:

private static final int DEFAULT_MAX_LATENCY = 60; // 1 minute

However, at line 233 that default value (assuming the key isn't set by the user) is provided
as an argument to createMultiTableBatchWriter.  The latency parameter there is documented
as milliseconds.  The DEFAULT_MAX_LATENCY should be set to 60000 if the desired default latency
value is 1 minute.

Thanks,
Dennis