accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there an accumulo faq?
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 02:48:28 GMT
PMD is a static code analyzer (like FindBugs). It seeks potential problems like:

  Possible bugs - empty try/catch/finally/switch statements
  Dead code - unused local variables, parameters and private methods
  Suboptimal code - wasteful String/StringBuffer usage
  Overcomplicated expressions - unnecessary if statements, for loops
that could be while loops
  Duplicate code - copied/pasted code means copied/pasted bugs

I like running code analyzers to find subtle issues.

We should be concerned because people, like me, run these analyzers on
code they bring inside organizations. And we want the code to be as
clean as possible.