accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.0-incubating RC5
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 23:15:16 GMT
I propose that we implement a little more structure around releases in
the future.  Freeze the code, test, release.  We (myself included)
have all slipped in little changes we would like to see in 1.4, after
extensive testing was done.  While our intentions are to improve
things for the user, I think we have shot ourselves in the foot with
some of these changes.   I think for 1.5.0 we may want to avoid
changes after we start testing in preparation for release except for
fixing bugs found in testing.

Keith