accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.0-incubating RC1
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 21:18:42 GMT
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Aaron Cordova <aaron@cordovas.org> wrote:
> is it possible to checkout 1.4.0rc1 and build it from the checked out directory?

Yes,

After I cut the tag and checked it out the build.sh script was not
working.  So I just typed in the maven commands to build it.  However,
the email I copied from the 1.3 release references that script.  I
just checked in updated version of build.sh into the 1.4 branch.  This
contains the exact command I execute to build the dist tar.

Getting the jars into the mvn repo was tricky.  Eric did this loosely
following these instructions :

http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html

However, our poms are not ready for running the release targets.  The
deploy target should have been sufficient to put the jars in the repo,
but it would not sign.  So the following command was run and this did
sign.  This command is not from the documentation above.

  mvn deploy -Papache-release

Keith