accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.0-incubating RC1
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 12:28:47 GMT
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:54 PM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/14/2012 04:18 PM, Keith Turner wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Aaron Cordova<aaron@cordovas.org>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> is it possible to checkout 1.4.0rc1 and build it from the checked out
>>> directory?
>>
>> Yes,
>>
>> After I cut the tag and checked it out the build.sh script was not
>> working.  So I just typed in the maven commands to build it.  However,
>> the email I copied from the 1.3 release references that script.  I
>> just checked in updated version of build.sh into the 1.4 branch.  This
>> contains the exact command I execute to build the dist tar.
>
> What exactly wasn't working for you? The build.sh script (still) fails for
> me on the `mvn rat:check`.

Mainly the rat check check.  I manually inspected the files it was
complaining about and found them to be ok.  I updated the expected
counts.  Also a small thing, I more closely followed the README.  The
README says to run "mvn assembly:single -N"  the existing script was
not using the -N options.  I did when I built and the checked in
version has this.  Should not result in a difference though.