accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: Should wikisearch be a separate project?
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:38:33 GMT
On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 12:49 PM, David Medinets
<david.medinets@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll toss this question into the ether. The wikisearch example is
> fairly extensive and probably won't be used by all accumulo users.
>
> Would it simplify the accumulo build (and make it faster) if the
> wikisearch module were placed into its own github repository and
> managed separately?
>
> We would not want a bug in wikisearch to delay an accumulo release?

There is also the reverse sitiuation, if wikisearch needs a new relese
but accumulo does not.  I suppose it depends on how active development
on it will be in the future?  If it becomes static then this is not an
issues.  If its development is more active I think it would make sense
to make it more independent allowing for its own release schedule.

Keith