accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: That extra 'src'
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 17:50:19 GMT
Ugh... you are not going to like this answer.  There's apparently no help
in svn for resolving these file moves.

Here's the little dance I did to get everything merged in; maybe I'll find
a reasonable way to automate it.

1) figure out what changes need to be merged:

$ cd trunk
$ svn mergeinfo --show-revs eligible ../1.4
r1300277
r1300713

2) merge the first change in, get the epic fail:

$ svn merge -c r1300277 ../1.4
--- Merging r1300277 into '.':
   C src/assemble
Summary of conflicts:
  Tree conflicts: 1

3) get a diff, but fix up the paths so it will patch:

$ svn diff -c r1300277 ../1.4 | sed 's%../1.4/src/%%' | patch -p 0
patching file assemble/dist.xml
Hunk #1 FAILED at 39.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 68.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file assemble/dist.xml.rej

This is what you would get from a normal merge.  It is a conflict.  For the
moment, I'm going to ignore these changes: the trunk assembly module is
completely different, and might be fine the way it is: it's a bigger QA
question.

4) tell svn we're finished with the conflict:

$ svn resolve -R --accept working .
Resolved conflicted state of 'src/assemble'

5) repeat for change r1300713:

$ svn merge -c r1300713 ../1.4
--- Merging r1300713 into '.':
   C src/assemble
Summary of conflicts:
  Tree conflicts: 1
$ svn diff -c r1300713 ../1.4 | sed 's%../1.4/src/%%' | patch -p 0
patching file assemble/build.sh
$ svn resolve -R --accept working .
Resolved conflicted state of 'src/assemble'
$ svn commit -m 'ACCUMULO-145 merge to trunk'
Sending        .
Sending        assemble/build.sh