accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From John Vines <john.w.vi...@ugov.gov>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.0-incubating RC1
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 16:27:43 GMT
The issue wasn't that RAT wasn't informing of errors, it was that it wasn't
running on the data correctly. This resulted in entire submodules being
missed. Additionally, in 1.4, we just have an expected list of failures we
check against. In trunk, I switched to using a new version of RAT with
better support for generated files. With that, I updated the excludes list
so that we should maintain 0 failures. However, it's been brought to my
attention with the shifting around of files, the excludes file is out of
date. I think if we were to run mvn rat:check, it would properly show
errors.

I think I have a standing ticket for a release profile which runs all of
the necessary items we need to run before a release, which would include a
rat:check.

John