accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From John Vines <john.w.vi...@ugov.gov>
Subject Re: What is difference between examples/standalone and examples/native-standalone?
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 09:33:46 GMT
One folder is if you are utilizing the native maps, the other is if you are
not. The problem regards the memory map size. If you don't use the native
map, it comes out of the heap space, otherwise it comes out of other memory
space. This is why we have different env files but the same site files.

Should we clarify this in a README in the conf directory or in the top
level README?

John