accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Billie J Rinaldi <billie.j.rina...@ugov.gov>
Subject status of 1.3 (Was: Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.0 RC6)
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 20:51:28 GMT
On Tuesday, March 27, 2012 3:57:19 PM, "Benson Margulies" <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cool. Thanks. I just want to spare us all any drama.

Speaking of which, we've made a mistake in the way we handled the dependence of the 1.3 branch
on thrift 0.3 (see comments on INFRA-4571).

As a result, the 1.3.5-incubating release will no longer build from source.  Should we remove
this release?

Ideally we would make a 1.3.6 release to replace 1.3.5-incubating.  However, I'm not sure
if there is a way to resolve the issue of thrift 0.3 dependence.  Does anyone have suggestions
about this?

Billie