accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Cordova <aa...@cordovas.org>
Subject MeetUp Invite
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:44:39 GMT
Accumulo Devs,

It was really great to see some of you at the Inaugural Accumulo meetup. I regret not being
able to chat more with some of you that had to leave early.

I wanted to extend a special invitation to the next Accumulo Users Group meetup tomorrow starting
at 6:30, down in VA at the AOL campus. Details are here: http://www.meetup.com/Accumulo-Users-DC/events/49277152/

It's always good to have a good number of experts on hand for questions and any feedback from
the user community. This meetup is intended to be geared a bit more towards the commercial
sector, being down in NOVA hosted by a major company and addressing using Accumulo with public
clouds and textual data. Hopefully we'll have some interested individuals from the private
sector in attendance.

As with all recent Hadoop and Accumulo meetups, pizza and sodas will be provided, as well
as an opportunity to meet new Accumulators and get to know members of the community.

Also I wanted to make you aware of another presentation on Accumulo that will be given by
Jared Winick tomorrow at the BigData meetup in Boulder CO, details are here http://www.meetup.com/Boulder-Denver-Big-Data/events/55277392/

Thanks,

Aaron