accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Billie J Rinaldi <billie.j.rina...@ugov.gov>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.0 RC6
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 20:44:45 GMT
The build fails on a Mac because it categorizes the .odp files as unlicensed, while on Linux
the build succeeds because it considers those to be binary.  I think I'm OK with the build
script for this version only working on Linux.  To fix the build on a Mac, you only have to
change the line EXPECTED=53 to EXPECTED=55 in the build script, which is easily documented.

Also, we have included the necessary licenses and notices for all jars that get bundled into
the dist tar.gz.  In the absence of specific guidance (and the presence of conflicting examples)
regarding what to do about non-dist-bundled runtime dependencies, I would be inclined to leave
the licenses and notices as is.

Billie