accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Billie J Rinaldi <billie.j.rina...@ugov.gov>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.0-incubating RC2
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 15:21:04 GMT
-1

We're missing some notices / license information from the wikisearch module.

kryo is BSD
protobuf is BSD
minlog is BSD
jersey-server is CDDL 1.1 and GPL 2 with CPE

There are extra rules for using the CDDL license (http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html#category-a).
 I think our use is such that we only have to label it appropriately; does everyone agree?

There is also the matter of the enwiki snippets.
wikisearch/ingest/src/test/resources/enwiki-20110901-001.xml
wikisearch/query/src/test/resources/enwiki-20110901-001.xml

This file is a selection from a larger dump (http://dumps.wikimedia.org/enwiki/20110901/enwiki-20110901-pages-meta-history1.xml-p000000010p000002326.7z),
the contents of which are licensed under GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL) and the Creative
Commons Attribution-Share-Alike 3.0 License (http://dumps.wikimedia.org/legal.html).  The
legal FAQ (http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html) says that unmodified media under Creative
Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 can be used, with appropriate changes to notices and licenses.

The sample file enwiki-20110901-001.xml contains a single (unmodified) revision for each of
the Abacus, Acid, Asphalt, and Acronym pages.  Does selecting a part of the larger file count
as modification (in which case it seems we cannot use the sample file), or is it OK because
the text is unmodified?  I am leaning towards it being OK because the licenses are said to
apply specifically to the textual content; the dump files themselves aren't mentioned (http://dumps.wikimedia.org/legal.html).

Did I miss anything?

Billie