accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Billie J Rinaldi <billie.j.rina...@ugov.gov>
Subject Re: license and notice for maven plugins?
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 15:27:31 GMT
Great.  I'm still confused about what must be included in those files, though.  I've thought
of 4 categories:

1. source code from other projects included in our source distribution - clearly goes in the
license and notice - already done

2. jars that are maven dependencies that will be included in the tarball when you build our
source distribution - probably go in license and notice - already done

3. jars that are maven dependencies, that won't be included in the tarball when you build,
but will be needed for running (e.g. "provided" or "runtime" scope maven dependencies) - I
included entries for jersey-server in the license and notice recently; should I have done
that? - partially done, so we should do the rest or remove the existing ones

4. jars that you need for the build, but don't need for running (e.g. maven plugins) - don't
need to be included in license and notice - done

Billie