accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From John W Vines <john.w.vi...@ugov.gov>
Subject Re: (ACCUMULO-75) Modify Security Randomwalk and test with concurrency
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 16:12:27 GMT

----- Original Message -----

| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |

| > |
| http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/accumulo/trunk/test/system/randomwalk
| /
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |

| > |
| http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/accumulo/trunk/src/server/src/main/ja
| va/org/apache/accumulo/server/test/randomwalk/
| > |
| > |
| > | mailing list.
| > |
| > | Thank you.
| > |
| > | I read the "test" issues on JIRA. Some refer to mock frameworks. I
| > | was
| > | wondering if randomwalk was also such a test framework. I haven't
| > | read
| > | the
| > | code in the links above yet. If randomwalk is indeed a test
| > | framework,
| > | is
| > | there a link where I can read more about it? I haven't done a web
| > | search
| > | on randomwalk yet.
| > |
| > | --Set
| >
| > Randomwalk is one of our test frameworks. I don't know if it's a
| > common
| testing framework in general, but we have a 'from scratch'
| implementation we
| use, which can be found in the test package under the server module.
| We
| don't really have documentation for it, but I like to think it's
| really
| simple. It just reads the XML file and loads appropriate nodes which
| are
| implemented for the tests, and then randomly selects a weighted edge
| transition to a different node.
| >
| > Hope that helps.
| > John
|
| I'm working from the README file under test/system/randomwalk but I'm
| running into an issue, see below, please:
|
| training@ubuntu:~/accumulo-dev/trunk/test/system/randomwalk$ sudo
| apt-get
| remove pssh
| Reading package lists... Done
| Building dependency tree
| Reading state information... Done
| The following packages will be REMOVED:
| pssh
| 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 6 not upgraded.
| After this operation, 201kB disk space will be freed.
| Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
| Abort.
| training@ubuntu:~/accumulo-dev/trunk/test/system/randomwalk$
| ./bin/start-all.sh Image.xml
| ./bin/start-all.sh: line 21:
| /home/training/accumulo-dev/trunk/test/system/randomwalk/bin/../../../../con
| f/accumulo-env.sh: No such file or directory
| copying randomwalk config to HDFS
| Deleted hdfs://localhost/randomwalk
| Replication 3 set: hdfs://localhost/randomwalk/config.tgz
| starting walkers
| ./bin/start-all.sh: line 44: pssh: command not found
| training@ubuntu:~/accumulo-dev/trunk/test/system/randomwalk$

Is pssh on your path or aliased? You should be able to do a straight pssh from your shell.
If not, then that's the problem at hand, since the script expects it on your PATH or to have
it aliased properly.

John