accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Massey <keith.mas...@digitalreasoning.com>
Subject ScannerIterator thread use
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 20:00:35 GMT
We're querying accumulo through a web application. After it had been hit
with one of our test scripts for a few minutes with the debugger
attached I noticed that there were hundreds and hundreds of threads
being garbage collected. Eventually it crashes my IDE and the server
becomes unresponsive. The server recovers eventually. After looking
through the code a little bit, it appears that these threads are coming
from
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ScannerIterator.initiateReadAhead(). We
actually get many threads per iterator. Is there any reason that it
can't use a thread pool instead of creating a new thread for every call
to that method?
Thanks.

Keith