accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Billie J Rinaldi <billie.j.rina...@ugov.gov>
Subject Re: accumulo geo
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 19:58:39 GMT
On Tuesday, November 1, 2011 9:51:46 AM, "Anthony Fox" <adf-accdev@ccri.com> wrote:
> I'm fine with whatever guidelines you all put together regarding
> contribs. My plugin is built against an older version of Accumulo so
> will need to be ported to the latest version. Initially, I'm just
> inquiring into whether anyone has interest in geo related
> functionality
> and has thought about an architecture for providing that kind of API.

I imagine people would be interested.  At the last BigDataCamp I attended, there was an entire
breakout session about geo for various key/value stores.

I haven't really thought about how such a project would interface with Accumulo.  This may
be one of those "if you build it they will come" situations.

Billie