accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Alan D. Cabrera <...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Branching
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 18:11:15 GMT

On Oct 27, 2011, at 10:38 AM, John W Vines wrote:

> There has been some discussion about branching 1.4. There have been some rounds of testing
done against a few iterations and we're trying to wind it down so we can be prepared for release.
Unofficially we've been operating under a semi-feature freeze to avoid larger disruptions
to the testing. For the sake of openness though, we seriously need to formally declare a feature
freeze. I feel the best way to do this is to branch 1.4, this way 1.5 feature development
can continue while we root out large scale testing bugs in the 1.4 branch.

> Mentors- How long is an appropriate time to wait between announcing and carrying forward
with branching? Should we put it up to vote or is simply no one objecting to branching within
the timeframe sufficient?

Up to you guys so long as this is what the community decides on the process and, ideally,
it's documented.

Regards,
Alan