accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From mvangeert...@comcast.net
Subject Re: wiki & release
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 20:09:30 GMT

Billie,

In the Karaf world we started a wiki for that purpose also.  Our experience was that folks
didn't use it, preferring the documentation on the website or the mailing lists.

When ServiceMix tried to move more aggressively to Wiki, James Strachan (uber committer extra-ordinaire)
said the following:

Finding contributions are very rare in documentation from non
committers (and anyone who provides a decent amount of docs as a patch
should be a committer anyway IMHO) - so the wiki isn't that big a deal
really; the actual committers typically would rather be able to edit
the docs using text editors (search & replace FTW!).

Mike Van

ASF - Committer