accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NSA CCLA and Accumulo Software Grant
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 19:30:00 GMT
On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Adam Fuchs <adam.p.fuchs@ugov.gov> wrote:
> Dear Accumulo Mentors,
>
> The Apache secretaries have received a copy of our CCLA and Software Grant.
> We haven't heard any activity on the LEGAL-100 question regarding the CCLA
> changes. So, what's the next step? Is it time to put us in for svn accounts?
> Looks like Aaron has an account, but the rest of us have not.

Yes we can set up svn and all of that, since you all submitted iclas.

Since you submitted the grant, if the grant has been registered by the
secretary, we could even ask infra to roll the initial import.

The CCLA question raises, well, questions of conscience after that.
Anyone with an icla on file can commit anything which they have rights
to. My view is that a person can certainly commit their own 'public
domain' work without an active CCLA.

For any work in which an employer does have rights, a committer would
want to know that their employer's CCLA has been accepted. Us mentors
have to draw straws as to who pokes the officers for a response.

--benson